Learn To Play The Bass Guitar
Have you always wanted to play the bass guitar, but never got around to actually getting started? Clevetown Studios experienced bass guitar tutor offers bass guitar lessons for beginners right through to an advanced level. If you’re looking for the best way to learn the bass, you need a progressive step by step teaching system that moves you from one stage to the next quickly and efficiently.
Our bass guitar tutor makes it easy for students to establish a solid foundation and our lessons are designed to be completed in small steps, making it easier to build momentum, achieve goals, and enjoy the results. Our bass guitar teacher offer a wealth of experience so if you want to learn to play the bass guitar, you have come to the right place.
Bass Guitar Lessons in Christchurch
Clevetown Studios is a multi functional music production and music teaching studio, owned and operated by local musician Steve Fowler. We are located on the first floor of The C4 Coffee building at 278 Tuam Street, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Currently the studio employs 5 music teachers and 2 recording engineers. We also offer production services for musicians looking to expand their creativity.
For more information or to book your first bass guitar lesson with us
Meet our Bass Guitar tutor
Jamie Thomson – Bass Guitar Tutor
I have been playing bass for around 10 years now, 4 of which I have been playing professionally in Christchurch and touring most of the South Island. I am experienced in Jazz, Funk, Rock and many other genres and have the ability to teach electric bass, fretless bass and Double (Upright) Bass as well as music theory.
I really enjoy teaching bass guitar and aim to maintain a fun, easy going approach to lessons whilst still educating and encouraging my students to be the best and most well-rounded musician they can be.
For more information, or to enquire about available time slots for drum lessons, please contact Steve Fowler via this link on the website.
- Our music lessons are charged out at $35.00 incl GST per half hour session which includes all the music printouts a student will need.
- The frequency of lessons is once per week and we operate from Monday to Thursday 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Generally, we follow the school term system which is four 10 week terms per year, with a 2 week break in between each term.
- Invoices are sent out via email, or post (if requested), at the start of each term and are payable within 14 days. Alternatively we are happy for clients to pay via weekly, fortnightly or monthly automatic payments.
- With new students we are happy to do a 2-3 week trial period, where lessons can be paid on a per lesson basis. We want our students to feel comfortable with the teacher, and the premises before they commit to a full term.
- We are also happy to negotiate alternative teaching arrangements whether that be a longer 1 hour lesson per week, or a fortnightly lesson, instead of weekly.