Learn to play the Keyboard
Have you always wanted to play the keyboard, but never got around to actually getting started? Clevetown Studios experienced keyboard tutor offers keyboard lessons for beginners right through to an advanced level. If you’re looking for the best way to learn the keyboard, you need a progressive step by step teaching system that moves you from one stage to the next quickly and efficiently.
Our keyboard teachers make it easy for students to establish a solid foundation and our lessons are designed to be completed in small steps, making it easier to build momentum, achieve goals, and enjoy the results. Our keyboard teacher offers a wealth of experience so if you want to learn to play the keyboard, you have come to the right place.
Keyboard Lessons in Christchurch
Clevetown Studios is a multi functional music production and music teaching studio, owned and operated by local musician Steve Fowler. We are located on the first floor of The C4 Coffee building at 278 Tuam Street, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Currently the studio employs 5 music teachers and 2 recording engineers. We also offer production services for musicians looking to expand their creativity.
For more information or to book your first keyboard lesson with us
Meet our Keyboard tutor
Sarena Close – Keyboard Tutor
My name is Sarena Close. I’m 21 and have been heavily involved in the Christchurch music scene for three years. I am currently in my third year studying towards a degree in Musical Arts, specialising in Piano.
My experience includes teaching at primary and intermediate schools around Canterbury, and also regularly performing live around Christchurch with a duo and full band. I am available for vocal lessons through Clevetown Studios to learn how to play Piano not only as a soloist but to understand the roll a pianist plays in the bigger picture of a live band or on a recorded track.
I am passionate about music and I love to teach so I can pass on what I have learnt so far and inspire others to go further.
For more information, or to enquire about available time slots for keyboard lessons, please contact Steve Fowler via this link on the website.
- Our music lessons are charged out at $35.00 incl GST per half hour session which includes all the music printouts a student will need.
- The frequency of lessons is once per week and we operate from Monday to Thursday 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Generally, we follow the school term system which is four 10 week terms per year, with a 2 week break in between each term.
- Invoices are sent out via email, or post (if requested), at the start of each term and are payable within 14 days. Alternatively we are happy for clients to pay via weekly, fortnightly or monthly automatic payments.
- With new students we are happy to do a 2-3 week trial period, where lessons can be paid on a per lesson basis. We want our students to feel comfortable with the teacher, and the premises before they commit to a full term.
- We are also happy to negotiate alternative teaching arrangements whether that be a longer 1 hour lesson per week, or a fortnightly lesson, instead of weekly.