Learn To Play The Saxophone
Have you always wanted to play the Saxophone, but never got around to actually getting started? Clevetown Studios experienced Saxophone tutor offers Saxophone lessons for beginners right through to an advanced level.
If you’re a beginner, you’ll learn how to hold a Saxophone correctly and become familar with the instrument, learn music theory, and over time you’ll be playing some of your favourite songs. Our Saxophone teacher offers a wealth of experience so if you want to learn to play the Saxophone, you have come to the right place.
Saxophone Lessons in Christchurch
Clevetown Studios is a multi functional music production and music teaching studio, owned and operated by local musician Steve Fowler. We are located on the first floor of The C4 Coffee building at 278 Tuam Street, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Currently the studio employs 5 music teachers and 2 recording engineers. We also offer production services for musicians looking to expand their creativity.
For more information or to book your first saxophone lesson with us
Meet our Saxophone tutor
Julian O’Brien – Saxophone Tutor
Julian O’Brien is a Christchurch based musician currently studying jazz saxophone at ARA Institute of Canterbury. Julian picked up the saxophone in high school, diving head first into learning the intricacies of jazz. He went on to study it at a tertiary level and for his final year he has been studying the works of certain famous jazz saxophonists that were the most influential to the jazz genre.
Julian has spent time gigging, playing with his peer groups and this year also being part of the Christchurch Garden City Big Band. Last year he also had the pleasure of playing with Roger Fox and Roger Manins with the Symposium Big Band during the big band festival.
Julian is very excited about spending the next few years exploring his musical options in the Christchurch music scene and possibly overseas too. For the next couple years, he hopes to still be learning from the best with arranging and saxophone teachers as well.
For more information, or to enquire about available time slots for drum lessons, please contact Steve Fowler via this link on the website.
- Our music lessons are charged out at $35.00 incl GST per half hour session which includes all the music printouts a student will need.
- The frequency of lessons is once per week and we operate from Monday to Thursday 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Generally, we follow the school term system which is four 10 week terms per year, with a 2 week break in between each term.
- Invoices are sent out via email, or post (if requested), at the start of each term and are payable within 14 days. Alternatively we are happy for clients to pay via weekly, fortnightly or monthly automatic payments.
- With new students we are happy to do a 2-3 week trial period, where lessons can be paid on a per lesson basis. We want our students to feel comfortable with the teacher, and the premises before they commit to a full term.
- We are also happy to negotiate alternative teaching arrangements whether that be a longer 1 hour lesson per week, or a fortnightly lesson, instead of weekly.