Learn to play the Drums
Have you always wanted to play the drums, but never got around to getting drum lessons? Clevetown Studios experienced drum tutors offer drum lessons for beginners right through to an advanced level. If you’re looking for the best way to learn the drums, you need a progressive step by step teaching system that moves you from one stage to the next quickly and efficiently.
Our drum tutoring makes it easy for students to establish a solid foundation and our lessons are designed to be completed in small steps, making it easier to build momentum, achieve goals, and enjoy the results. Our drum teacher offers a wealth of experience so if you want to learn to play the drums, you have come to the right place.
Drum Lessons in Christchurch
Clevetown Studios is a multi functional music production and music teaching studio, owned and operated by local musician Steve Fowler. We are located on the first floor of The C4 Coffee building at 278 Tuam Street, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Currently the studio employs 5 music teachers and 2 recording engineers. We also offer production services for musicians looking to expand their creativity.
For more information or to book your first drum lesson with us
Meet our Drum tutors
Rhys Bell – Drum Tutor
My name is Rhys Bell and I’ve been playing the drums for 10 years now. My journey started with Steve training me up when I started at Breens intermediate in year 7, and continued until I started to work for him as a drum tutor. I teach mainly rock and metal stuff, but enjoy teaching blues and acoustic pieces too.
As well as being a drummer, I have been playing guitar for 8 years and play in a heavy metal band called Empire. I believe that students need to look forward to coming to drum lessons, and I do my best to make them feel as comfortable as I can while still maintaining a professional attitude.
I feel that if a student enjoys playing and learning the drums, that will be their biggest incentive to practice, practice, practice and get better which is why i like to make sure drum lessons with me are fun and chilled out!
For more information, or to enquire about available time slots for drum lessons, please contact Steve Fowler via this link on the website.
- Our music lessons are charged out at $35.00 incl GST per half hour session which includes all the music printouts a student will need.
- The frequency of lessons is once per week and we operate from Monday to Thursday 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Generally, we follow the school term system which is four 10 week terms per year, with a 2 week break in between each term.
- Invoices are sent out via email, or post (if requested), at the start of each term and are payable within 14 days. Alternatively we are happy for clients to pay via weekly, fortnightly or monthly automatic payments.
- With new students we are happy to do a 2-3 week trial period, where lessons can be paid on a per lesson basis. We want our students to feel comfortable with the teacher, and the premises before they commit to a full term.
- We are also happy to negotiate alternative teaching arrangements whether that be a longer 1 hour lesson per week, or a fortnightly lesson, instead of weekly.